Traffic safety rules
Analysis & prevention
High risk sections
deal with accidents
Hints of Road Traffic Management and Penalty Act
Any car driver who operates a car at a speed above the maximum or below the minimum speed limits shall be fined from NT$1,200 to NT$2,400.
1、In the event of any of the followings, the car driver shall be fined from NT$6,000 to NT$24,000 and prohibited from driving:
1.1、Zigzagging or operating the vehicle in other dangerous manners.
1.2、Removing mufflers or making noise by other means.
2、When two or more vehicles in a group violate the regulations as specified in Paragraph 1 or drivers engage in speed racing or competitions on roadways, each driver shall be fined from NT$30,000 to NT$90,000 and prohibited from driving right at scene
3、Drivers violating the regulations set forth in Paragraphs 1 and 3 shall be required to take road traffic safety lessons. Said drivers under 18 years of age shall take road traffic safety lessons along with their legal representatives or guardians under Article 21, and the police authorities may publicly disclose the names of said legal representatives or guardians.
Should a car driver pass through a intersection with signal control without following the signal instruction and run a red light he/she shall be fined from NT$1,800 to NT$5,400.
1、In the event of any of the followings, car drivers shall be fined from NT$6,000 to NT$12,000, and shall be prohibited from driving right at scene:
1.1、Operating a small car or motorcycle without a driver license.
2、Car drivers under the age of 18 that violate Subparagraph 1 or 3 of Paragraph 1 shall take road traffic safety lessons, so do their legal representatives or guardians.
In the event of any of the following conditions concerning the loading of goods, car owners shall be fined from NT$3,000 to NT$9,000 and be required to correct the situation or be prohibited from driving:
1. Carrying goods that exceeds the prescribed length, width, or height limits.
2. Carrying goods that exceeds the prescribed weight, length, width, or height limits without applying permission or without displaying hazardous warning signs.
3. Carrying hazardous materials without applying permission or without putting hazardous warning signs as required, using a tank truck with a tank that has not been certified and approved, operation personnel do not have a qualify professional training, or failing to follow relevant safety regulations.
4. Failing to follow the regulations about carrying goods on a truck or tractor-trailer.
5. Failing to follow the regulations about installing hauling devices or attaching trailers.
6. Carrying containers exceeds the body of the vehicle’s body, or failing to install an interlocking system as required.
7. Driving with a trailer without a permit.Cars carrying goods which violate the regulations as provided in Subparagraphs 1 to 4 of the preceding paragraph shall be charged with 1 traffic violation.
Should a test or inspection prove that any of the following offenses occurs on the driver of a car, the driver shall be fined from NT$15,000 to NT$90,000, the car shall be removed from the scene and be detained by the authorities, and the driver’s license shall be suspended for 1 year. In the same case, should any passenger with the age of 12 or younger in the car, or result in an accident with injuries, the driver’s license shall be suspended for 2 years; and should said accident result in serious injury or death, the driver’s license shall be revoked and be permanently prohibited from driving:
1. An alcohol level exceeding the maximum tolerate standard. Should a car driver violate Paragraph 1 more than twice within 5 years, the driver shall be fined NT$90,000, the car shall be relocated and detained by the authorities, and the driver’s license shall be revoked. Should the driver cause an accident resulting in serious injury or death, his/her driver license shall be revoked and he/she shall be permanently prohibited from applying a new driver license and taking the test.
under 6 in the
Should a driver leave a child under 6 years of age or a child in need of special care alone in a vehicle, he/she shall be fined NT$3,000 and be required to take 4 hours of road traffic safety lesson.
Should a person with the age of 14 or younger and violate the regulations provided by this Act, punishments shall be imposed on said person’s legal representatives or guardians.